even balance weight or something

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Thu, 1 May 2003 14:33:20 -0700 (GMT)

> At 07:00 AM 4/29/03 , you wrote:
>That's the point, of course.  You need to remove as many other variables
as
>possible.  Given a less responsive action and superior tone, I'm sure
most
>pianists would opt for tone.
>
>David Love
>davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

I think you could have a compromise here and do the evaluations on
something like a Yamaha silent piano.  Use only one piano and keep
changing
the action parameters.  That way you wouldn't introduce the variable of a
different piano but you would give the pianists some feedback from their
playing so that it seemed more natural.

Phil F