"PennySaver" ads

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 1 May 2003 18:55:44 EDT

In a message dated 5/1/03 5:42:41 PM Central Daylight Time, Tvak@aol.com
writes:

> Unfortunately, this specific idea didn't seem to work for me.  After about a
>
> year and a half of informing clients of my referral rebate coupons, only
> one
> person ever cashed one in.  So I just stopped mentioning it.   I even had
> cute coupons printed up, with a keyboard border and logo, and all.  It
> seemed
> like a good idea. (Still does...)  It just didn't work.
>
> Got alot of other great tips from Mr. Guenther, though.
>
> Tom Sivak

I tried coupons once too. Except I was offering them to members of a church.
If they had their piano tuned, I would give them a coupon that they could
give to the church, and the church could get a discount for the tuning. I had
one guy, for whom I tuned, and then we went to the church and I tuned it, at
a discount.

I think the reason coupons don't work is because only one person is getting
the discount. There is no incentive for the "friend" to use you, because
he/she is not getting the discount. If the customer AND the friend got a $5
discount, then it might work. But then, why not just lower your price across
the board?

Wim