Tuning Walk Out

PatchWick@aol.com PatchWick@aol.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 21:58:51 EDT

Just had to relate this story when I read that this piano was in Fla.: Many
years ago I visited a new customer because she was unhappy with the tuner
that sold her a "rebuilt" piano. When I saw the thing I could understand her
concern. Much of the work that he claimed to have done he obviously hadn't,
and what he actually had done had damaged the piano. The description of this
situation sounds much like that piano, including the split pin block from
lack of support while driving the pins. After I explained all the problems, I
recommended that the customer get him to "buy" the piano back, which she did.
She has since gotten a different grand and is still a good customer to this
day.

The part that makes me write this: He left my area to move to Florida.....

You don't suppose....

will