No Power Yamaha revisited

Tue, 13 May 2003 23:36:13 +0200

Ron Koval wrote:

> So you have a C6 and a C7 that both have the same symptoms.  Yet, not all
> C6's and C7's show the same, do they?  Instead of a design flaw, is there a
> possiblity of anything being loose, or stripped screws,... check all the way
> down to the action bracket feet.  I only see one of these, so I don't have
> much background "feel" with these particular pianos.  Can you see a
> deflection in the rail by pressing down, or lifting up on the rail?

Yep.. but lets hold ourselves to this one I have my hands on for now. I wont see
the other instrument for a few weeks. If I reach in and lift up anywhere on the
hammer rail inbetween brackets I can get the same drop in the hammers in that
area. Blocking a hammer and pressing the key affects almost equally anywhere...
only right at the brackets is there less movement in the rail. You can see it
bow easily enough. Hammers drop very noticably until they hit the rest felt.

I will see if I can measure the movement in the rail, but I would venture a
guess of at 2 - 3 mm easily enough.