Laminated ribs.

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Thu, 15 May 2003 08:35:34 -0700 (GMT)

Ron,

Could you give me a little more explanation of this?  By loading the outside of the curve, in the case of a piano rib, do you mean a load that would be pushing the rib down (such as typical string loading)?  Why would the feathering make the rib more likely to split from loading one way than the other?

Phil F