Sound board panel drying box

Ron Overs sec@overspianos.com.au
Fri, 23 May 2003 00:11:39 +1000

--============_-1158509792==_ma============
Hi Terry,

>How the heck much pressure are you pumping into that box?????

Not much, but it doesn't take a lot when the walls of the box are
made from 12 mm ply only. The loading on each wall is equal to the
surface area times the air pressure. It doesn't take much pressure to
cause a problem, since the panel bay is big enough to accommodate a
9'6" concert grand panel.

>Do you have the production needs to dry a board that fast?

Not really, but the fan is only 125W output. See specs below;

I haven't actually checked the pressure head in the delivery duct to
get an idea of the current flow volume, but it certainly seems to be
flowing adequately.

It takes about three hours to reduce the moisture content of spruce
down to 6% from 9% with a heat input of around 1000W. Although I
would be inclined to leave the panel under static conditions for a
couple of extra hours, just in case the moisture gauge is reacting
faster than the panel.

Best,
Ron O.
--