Bridge Pin Height Regulation, was: More, More (was Re:TharShe Blows!)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 22 May 2003 22:14:18 -0500

>  Another thing to keep in mind with epoxy - it relies on a mechanical
> bond between wood and epoxy and between metal and epoxy. It is
> recommended by West System that when bonding with epoxy to metal that the
> metal surface be sanded rough, coated with thin epoxy, and the epoxy
> sanded into the metal for the most secure bond. A nice new shiny bridge
> pin is not likely to establish a good bond to epoxy. I can chip epoxy off
> any glossy surface real easy when I get waste on it - my floor, table top, etc.
>
>Terry Farrell

Bonding wood to steel isn't the intent here, merely zero clearance support.
Toward that end, I still prefer at least a light drive fit regardless of
the addition of CA, epoxy, or nothing at all.

Ron N