Bridge Pin Height Regulation, was: More, More (was Re:TharShe Blows!)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 23 May 2003 07:33:20 -0500

> > Bonding wood to steel isn't the intent here, merely zero clearance
> support.
> > Toward that end, I still prefer at least a light drive fit regardless of
> > the addition of CA, epoxy, or nothing at all.
>
> > Ron N
>
>No, but list contributors have posted previously about pins being bonded
>permanently into bridge pin holes. I was just trying to spread a fun fact
>about epoxy (useful at slow dinner parties).

I've read plenty of *concerns* regarding undesirable permanent bonding of
nearly everything to nearly everything else with nearly every adhesive
known, but precious little along these lines that corresponds to observable
fact when talking about bonding steel to wood. As your post indicated, it's
not going to happen using CA or epoxy to bed bridge pins.

Ron N