agraffes

Owen J. Greyling RPT greyco@kingston.net
Mon, 26 May 2003 06:32:30 -0400

List,

Two questions about agraffes...

1.) Are agraffes loose enough to be used as string spacers, an accident =
waiting to happen? ( new entry level grand on showroom floor ) Yes, the =
factory workers used the agraffes as adjustments for the trichord damper =
felt.

2.) In a decent quality grand ( rhymes with hamburger ), on another =
showroom floor, would it be foolhardy of me to try to force a few =
misaligned agraffes far enough that the strings could be levelled in the =
same plane as the rest of them? These agraffes are tight, I could not =
budge them with the small agraffe tool that fits in the combination =
handle.=20

Suggestions anyone?=20

Thanks in advance,

Owen Greyling