Stringing Braid and the perception of doing it right

Ken Jankura kenrpt@earthlink.net
Wed, 28 May 2003 12:58:40 -0400

List,
  If I missed the post that mentioned this, sorry, I've only been =
browsing. And it's a little off topic to tonal quality, but:
  ALL BASS STRINGS IN GRANDS SHOULD BE DOUBLE BRAIDED .=20
  When you tune a grand and there is only a single braid, please take =
the extra 2 minutes and weave another piece in so that the strings are =
captured. You only have to be in a school bandroom  tuning, have a =
string break and see it go shooting 20 feet across the room to =
understand this. Gospel churches where the tail of the piano faces the =
choir is also especially dangerous.
  Ken Jankura RPT
  Fayetteville PA