No-show fees?

Thu, 29 May 2003 12:45:45 -0500

At 09:47 5/29/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Listers and Listees,
>
>This is a business question rather than a technical question, but I'm sure
>we've all dealt with this issue in one form or another.
>
>I got a phone call from a woman who'd bought a piano from a store for whom
>I do warranty/1st tunings.  She needed her freebie, so we scheduled a time
>and day.  The morning of the anointed day, she called to say she couldn't
>make it, so we re-scheduled.  No problem.
>
>The date and time we were supposed to meet was monday(Memorial Day) at
>4:00 PM.  I was there, she wasn't.  I got mildly aggravated, waited for 20
>minutes or so, slipped a card in the door and left.  I expected at least
>an apologetic phone call from her, but two days went by and I heard
>nothing.  I called her and left a message that I would like to
>re-schedule, but another two days went by and again, I've heard nothing.
>
>My question is this:  since it is a warranty tuning paid for by the store,
>should I bill the store as though I performed the service, thus voiding
>her free tuning, or should I send her the bill for the no-show fee(roughly
>the same price)?
>
>IMO, somebody who's a no-show wouldn't be inclined to reimburse me, so I'm
>leaning towards billing the store for this.  Any opinions or shared
>experiences are most welcome.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dave Stahl

I am admittedly in a bad mood today, so you might take that into account.

You have already lost earnings equivalent to two tunings due to same day
cancel and the no-show.

Bill the dealer for a tuning and have the dealer send someone else.  You
don't need a new customer with that kind of track record to start.

For all it's worth - ~ 1.4¢

Conrad Hoffsommer
Decorah, IA

So many chocolates; so little time.