No-show fees?

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 29 May 2003 14:53:05 EDT

In a message dated 5/29/03 12:37:59 PM Central Daylight Time,
Piannaman@aol.com writes:

> My question is this:  since it is a warranty tuning paid for by the store,
> should I bill the store as though I performed the service, thus voiding her
> free tuning, or should I send her the bill for the no-show fee(roughly the
> same price)?
>
> IMO, somebody who's a no-show wouldn't be inclined to reimburse me, so I'm
> leaning towards billing the store for this.  Any opinions or shared
> experiences are most welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave Stahl

Under normal circumstances, I view no shows as part of doing business. In
other words, it comes with the territory. However, I don't call my customer back
after I leave my card in the door, or leave a message on the answering
machine. If the customer wants to reschedule, that's fine. But I will not continue to
call her.

In this situation, however, even though she isn't paying the bill, the
customer is still a no show. Since you were kind enough to wait, and leave a
message, I would tell the store what happened, and tell them that under the
circumstances, you are not going to give her a free tuning. If the store wants to send
out another tuner, that is up to them.

Wim