Liszt envelopes and OT Chesapeake Bay stuff

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Thu, 29 May 2003 22:45:33 -0400

Hi Rich,

Alas, I know very much about a few things and a little bit about many =
other things.  I'm afraid music history comes under the latter category, =
besides which, Liszt isn't really my cup of tea.  ;-)

As for being "IN" the Chesapeake...  Well, I admit I didn't think out =
the negative connotations to that comment.  <wink>  I'm happy to report =
that I didn't go for any swims along the way, although I did get soaked =
a couple of times (one storm going and one returning -- with a gorgeous =
pair of near-simultaneous lightning strikes not far off our starboard =
and port -- don't know why the tall aluminum mast in the middle was =
spared a few bizillion Joules).  Fortunately I had just equipped the =
boat with a GPS guided navigation computer that worked beautifully -- =
much better than the new engine that overheated when all our wind died.  =
In addition to the new GPS, new computer and new engine, there was also =
of course the new sailor -- me.  I was grateful that two of the other =
three crew members knew their sailing well.  Quite an experience!  I can =
see how this stuff gets into people's blood. =20

I count the hot shower I just took as one of the 10 best I've ever had.  =
:-)

Peace,
Sarah
Back Home

PS I hope sailing isn't too off-topic for this liszt.
  ----- Original Message -----=20