No-show fees?

Allan Gilreath agilreath@mindspring.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 02:09:49 -0400

List,

Perhaps we should explain to the customer that not only was the time
lost that another customer could use, but that every minute we're not
working costs us as business people.  The rent, utilities, insurance,
depreciation, etc. keeps the meter running on that side even if we're
not generating revenue.  Sure there are times when we set priorities on
other things that we have to accomplish, but their absence does cost.

Something to consider...

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Ron Nossaman
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 11:33 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: No-show fees?

>Ron,
>
>I have just the opposite experience here.  I think folks bend over
backwards
>to get that free tuning.  It's getting them to be flexible and part
with
>money, that's the trick.
>
>Mike Bratcher

Yes, they sure do want that free tuning, but... The usual assumption is
that I am on salary (from somewhere) and it doesn't affect my income one

way or another whether I actually work or not. Finding that I'm self
employed, they've even explained to me that I really wasn't out anything

because it didn't actually cost me money - I just didn't happen to make
any. A fine and interesting distinction. The second, and any subsequent
tuning always goes much better, with very few problems. It's just that
first freebie. Typical no-show rates for repeat customers is maybe one
in
forty. More often around holidays. Typical no-show rates for first time
dealer tunings is more like one in ten.

Ron N