No-show fees?

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 17:33:16 EDT

In a message dated 5/30/03 4:13:25 PM Central Daylight Time, avery@ev1.net
writes:

> Has anyone actually considered calling the customer before you go? Just
> to be sure?
>
> Avery

How far do we have to go to "baby" our customers. My feeling is, if they
can't keep track of their lives, why should I bother.

I wrote an article about this topic some months back in the Journal. My
attitude is, no shows are a part of doing business. It comes with the territory. No
matter what we do, it's going to happen. We have to realize a piano tuning
might not be the most important thing in a customer's life. And who are we to
judge what is more important. What might be a trivial thing to us, (like getting
your hair done), might be a very important event for the customer. Yes, it's
a hassle, and yes, we do loose money, but that's life as a piano tuner. And,
as I concluded at the end of my article, if you don't like it, get out of the
business.

Wim