CP 70 Scale, was CP 70-80 regulation specs.

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:28:36 -0800

Hi Joe!

Would you be willing to share the "judicious re-scaling"? I've got to
restring one of these soon and would like to do it right (I'm correcting
some
troubles caused by previous work...).

Thanks,
will wickham

Will,
Sure. I'll have to dig in my "archives" and see if I still have it. However,
that doesn't mean that my "scale" will work for yours. There is a
possibility that the measurements of speaking lengths might be different.
Therefore, you'll have to do all the measuring to get the answer(s) you
seek. Once I check those measurements against what I have, then I'll be able
to give you the correct wire sizes, etc. As these critters are not a
prevalent as regular "pianos" I don't know if they did their usual
"changes/new-improved" thing and didn't tell anyone about it!<G> I do know
that there are two specific models....one is the original and the other is
MIDI. What the scale difference might be between the two is unknown w/o
checking.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police