reaming agraffes

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:26:32 -0700

A MH is, in fact, what this was all about.   The inside of the hole was so
full of gunk that I ended up doing as you suggest you do, which is to
enlarge the hole just slightly as well as the countersunk area on either
side.  The hole is still a bit smaller than the normal new agraffe, so I'm
trusting it will be okay.  As it turns out (for those following the agraffe
thread), I was able to procure a few 9/32" doubles from Schaff (from the
old APSCO stock) which was really all I needed.  I wanted to change the
scaling on this AA slightly, substituting bichords for the trichords on the
transition bridge so I needed only about 6 doubles.  This all happened in
conjunction with recapping the bridges.   Of course, I went ahead and made
all the changes before I bothered to pull the agraffes only to discover the
odd size of the shank.  Had me sweating for a bit.  Seems that it will work
out.  Did we learn something here?  You'd think I'd have remembered from
the last time!

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net