RC vs CC again

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 01 Oct 2003 11:20:14 -0500

>I've been following this thread for a bit and have this question:  Steinway
>D's are the performance choice for almost all significant piano events
>because of their "power and ability to project."  What is the reason(s)?  Is
>it their CC board?  If an RC board were installed would the piano still have
>this quality?

There's no reason that I'm aware of that a good RC or RC&S board wouldn't
do the same thing as a good CC board in that piano.

>If you haven't seen the poster, any reputable Steinway dealer
>has or can show/get you a poster listing the number of concerts played on a
>Steinway as opposed to others.  So, is this marketing or reality and why.
>
>Paul C

It's both marketing and reality. The Steinway D is a nice piano. What other
manufacturer in the last 50 years has gone after the concert circuit like
Steinway has, with a similar product that's been around for over 100 years?

Ron N