Reading a Board

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 22:51:57 EDT

In a message dated 10/5/2003 1:47:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
draine@comcast.net writes:
On Sunday, October 5, 2003, at 10:32  AM, Bill Ballard wrote:

> At 11:59 AM +0200 10/5/03, Richard Brekne wrote:
>> Would you be doing your crown readings from on top of the soundboard,
>> or from underneath ?
>
> The underside is where it should be measured.

So can I infer from that statement that all tapering of soundboards is
done on the top surface?

Patrick Draine
 Patrick
 Yes you've answered the $64.00 question correctly. Well almost. Clair Davies
used to do his on the bottom but I don't know why.
   Dale