free standing Steinway Player mechanism

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:46:04 -0700 (PDT)

What does it say on it ??? It is probabaly an Aeolian
Pianola ( or other brand ) push up player system, as
were commonly in use prior to the advent of the "inner
player", in about 1905.
    Does it play all 88 keys, or only 65 ?
    The fact that it matches the piano, however, is
quite curious! And the possibility of a
custom-constructed Duo Art expression player system in
a push-up style is not totally out of the question
here, as such oddities may have been constructed to
accomodate wealthy ( and paying ) clientelle. Does it
have foot pumps, or an electric motor pump??? It may
bea Welte Vortsetzer, too. What do the rolls look
like. Are they Red? Green?
    I suggest contacting John Tuttle of the Player
Piano Ring to locate a serious player tech for you
region. Also Amica ( Automatic Musical Instrument
Collectors' Association ) and the Musical Box Society
International. Therein reside the experts.
     Thump