Steinway D key levelling (Hamburg model)

Ajay Mistry ajaymistryin@yahoo.co.in
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 19:16:34 +0100 (BST)

Hi list started working on a Steinway D keys were very
much out of level I removed the action placed leads on
the keys levelled the end keys to the factory specs ie
65 mm with a 2 mm mid arching did level with lots of
patience & kept on drumming the keys along with
levelling removed the the leads placed back the action
could not beleive the level was totally out end keys
became 64.5 mm key board looks a little vague not in
level at all, have I gone wrong some where or have I
missed out some thing what would be a better option
now or what is the way now to do a perfect level to
the key board  how should I proceed now to save time
please do help.
       Thanks a lot in advance.
                                    Ajay.

=====