Acrylikey/Terry

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:08:34 -0700

What is the best way to repair a hairline crack that originates at the =
front of the keytop and runs parallel with the long axis of the keytop? =
Should it be opened up with a file and then filled with the Acrylikey? I =
have a Baldwin grand with a beautiful ivory keys but almost every one =
has the one crack. Thanks.

Terry Farrell

Terry,
I've found that the best tool for this job, is a soundboard shimming tool!
It makes a nice "V". As I've been a "beta tester" for Acrilikey, it was/is
my job to experiment with this stuff.<G> I would have to say I prefer the
olde stuff, but am getting used to the new stuff. I guess it's just another
learning curve to overcome.<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police