Aaargh!!...aka customer relations

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:35:30 -0600

At 10:49 AM 10/21/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>It's really important to get this information to them right at the
>start.  I usually end up with the comment, "Though it will cost more this
>time, at least you are not having to pay for all the tunings it's missed!"

Sound advice, Barbara.
I also find the PTG Technical Bulletins very helpful. The one for Pitch
Raise spells it out well, except for your phrase above. It's a good point,
and I use it occasionally, but I'm sometimes hesitant to point out how many
hundreds of dollars that they've saved for fear of them deciding that it's
a viable long-term technique! The bulletins are effective because customers
will normally have a bit more respect for the printed word. And.... with
cantankerous customers, my communications skills go down the toilet. The
ptg.org address is on my invoices, estimates, and letterhead, also. Sending
the customer to the .net has other advantages, also. Like getting the
customer off your shoulder while working.

Entertaining career, no?

Guy Nichols, RPT
Ft. Stinkin' Desert, NM

"Controversy equalizes fools and wise men and the fools know it."
                 Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894)