tubby bass string replacement tip

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 10:13:34 EDT

In a message dated 10/25/03 8:07:56 AM, peter-burns.pianotuner@tesco.net=20
writes:

> If the new string was just as tubby and with a lack of overall sustain,=
=A0I'd=20
> be inclined to check the bridge.
>=20

Perhaps you misunderstood the intent of my post.   The tubbiness is preferre=
d=20
in this case, because it matches the rest of the PSO.   And, I'm quite sure=20
that the tubbiness of the NEW string is due to the lower tension of that=20
string, due to its being too thin for G1.

Perhaps the bridge is the problem with the ENTIRE bass section.   I'll try=20
your advice next time I'm out there tuning.

Tom Sivak