Make a soundboard--Measurements

Crashvalve@aol.com Crashvalve@aol.com
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:34:29 EDT

In a message dated 10/25/03 7:29:41 PM, Erwinspiano@aol.com writes:

> I use a crow bar or whatever I can get in along under the belly rail to pry
> it out. Some boards practically fall out, others just don't want to leave
> home.

I posted info on a firestone air actuator for SB removal earlier but this
belly rail comment reminded me that the last board I "air-popped" out (and really
I am not a bigtime piano a month guy), anyway the last grand was a six-foot
lester with a severe overhang in the belly rail, but the actuator hose slipped
right in the inch and one quarter or so space after I slimmed down the end
plate/bolt closure. Little or no problem, the next board I do I intend to put
actuators all around. Added bonus is they store flat in a drawer (as a smalltime
piano guy I have a tiny shop also).
Glenn C.