Make a soundboard--Measurements

Crashvalve@aol.com Crashvalve@aol.com
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 10:32:36 EST

In a message dated 10/26/03 9:35:33 AM, mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

>=20
> How do you "block" these hoses underneath the soundboard?
>=20
>  =A0
>=20
>  Terry Farrell
>=20
>=20

Sorry this was unclear, my initial plan was to weld up a framework to hold=20
the rim/soundboard assembly with supports for the hoses, but during initial=20
testing I clamped a number of hardwood 2 by 8's to the bottom of the rim, an=
d from=20
there I supported short pieces of 2 by four "sleepers" to lay the hose on. I=
=20
used lots of machinist's jacks for the support between the hardwood   and th=
e=20
sleepers (have you noticed how these posts sometimes sound like old 20's=20
technical books because of their lack of profuse illustrations also ?) anywa=
y, this=20
rinky-dink assembly groaned and bowed but held up so I use it now as=20
standard. Long ago I welded up literally a twelve foot long c-clamp/truss to=
 stick=20
down bridges in lieu of a go-bar deck, so I am now reluctant to stock up on=20=
the=20
big weldment jigs. I store that one outside now ! For taps you might make on=
e=20
to fit the hose end, but remember to make one end of the hose small enough t=
o=20
fit tight spots !

Glenn C.