Haven't run into this before

Paul McCloud pmc303@ricochet.com
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:47:48 -0800

Charles:

            You shouldn't have a problem with this.  The supports are
U-shaped at the ends, and you just need to loosen the screws.  It will
pull off the ends of the supports.  Your hardest task is snaking it out
of the action.  Perhaps you'll have to remove the action, though.

             Best,

            Paul McCloud

            San Diego

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Piannerman@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 8:01 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Haven't run into this before

People,
     I need to remove the jackstop rail from a Knight piano.  The piano
is in a town some miles from here so I don't have ready access to it.
Can anyone tell me the proper way to get the sucker out of there so I
will be prepared when I get there?

     I was only able to see the flathead very thin adjusting screws.
The rail is in two sections, bass bridge section and then everything
else section.  I am guessing I will have to unscrew the adjusting screws
until the rail falls off, which will take probably till Christmas.  Is
there an easier or better way?  Much obliged if anyone can help.

Charles Cron