My old way of removing keybushings

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos@earthlink.net
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:24:28 -0800

Dear Quentin! Thank you for wonderful pictures.Looks very appealing,I will look into jans catalog.If i can ask you a favor to take another picture with the keys on the tool,fronts and balance on two separate pictures,that will be great.Best Regards, Isaac

----- Original Message -----
From: Quentin Codevelle
To: pianotech
Sent: 11/30/04 11:27:33 AM
Subject: My old way of removing keybushings

Hi,

I took some pictures of the bushing removal tool.
These pictures are much better than the one from the catalogue.
My price list seems to say it is nearly 150$ (!!!!)

My boss bought it for our workshop, but I didn't know it was so expensive.
But it works real fine.

the only negative point is that you have to use an electric hot plate with it. When we ordered it, we thought there was a water heating system integrated.
For those who make lots of key bushing jobs, this tool is great.

Chris Gregg's tool seems to be fine too, I've already thought about using this, but since we have this device, we do not have to change anymore since it is the fastest tool for changing the bushings.

It is exactly the same process than barbara's tool, except it is faster and it takes less space.

Quentin