Key Bushing removal

lgulli2586 lgulli2586@rogers.com
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 15:21:03 -0500

Hi,

I use the method of pre-soaking the keybushings with wallpaper remover =
and
hot water and after that I just steam the bushings out with a similar =
hand
held steam device with a small nozzle. Works verry fast and de wood is =
neat
and clean for the new felt.

Pierre Gevaert
Belgium

Hello....I use the same system...but let them penetrate and =
soak,,,,while I do some other job around the shop...an hour later they =
fall out with very little digging....and no damage to mortise......
Richard