Pitch Raising Techniques

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Wed, 01 Dec 2004 19:46:06 -0700

I was wondering about that one pass large pitch raise.  I use a VT to help
with pitch raises and I find that you do have to reduce the overpull for
small pianos.  I also find that the arbitrary break from one overpull for
wound strings and another for tenor and another for the treble leaves the
low tenor flat and the low treble sharp.  I've varied where I break but I
find that hit and miss at best.  I just plan on a second pass.

Andrew A.