John Broadwood grand

D.L. Bullock dlbullock@att.net
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 01:26:15 -0600

They are great pianos.   They are wing shaped grands with a corner usually.
Everyone I have seen has been rosewood.  Lovely cases.  They have all the
hammer butts strung on a wire.  Every one I have restored was a single
escapement action.  Ronsen will duplicate the hammers on it for originality
in restoration.  They are very fine instruments otherwise Beethoven would
not have used them and we all know he liked them.   It tunes to 435, by the
way.

Enjoy it.

D.L. Bullock    St. Louis
www.thepianoworld.com

Put the worlds greatest healer to work for WHATEVER health problem you may
have----YOUR OWN IMMUNE SYSTEM.  Your body is capable of healing EVERY
disease if you give it the right fuel.  Visit
http://www.mannapages.com/dlbullock to learn how to get the right fuel.

 -----Original Message-----
From: Wesley Hardman [mailto:hardman@hiwaay.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 8:44 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: John Broadwood grand

  List,

  Someone called today about a John Broadwood grand that he bought at an
auction.  According to his research, the piano was made in 1824.  I've yet
to look at the piano, but I'm planning to do so this weekend.  What kind of
a challenge is one likely to get into trying to get this thing playable?

  Wesley Hardman, RPT
  Scottsboro, Alabama