Pitch Raising Techniques

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Thu, 02 Dec 2004 09:47:09 -0800

> =20
> Now I'm assuming you are using some sort of ETD. Perhaps you are not. If =
not,
> forget what I said!
>=20
>=20
>  And I don't have a clue how to do an efficient pitch raise aurally.
> =20
> Terry Farrell

Well....I do.

I just tune the damn piano real quick, super quick, pulling the sections
that are way down slightly sharp.
Then I tune it again, real slow and musical <g>. 1.5 to 2 hours total. Then
I set up another tuning in 6-8 weeks.  After THAT tuning, the piano is
stable and settled in at pitch.

Then I collect a check for somewhere over $200.00, usually 215.00 or 225.00=
.

Then, because in California, when a piano is below pitch it probably has no=
been serviced in a long time, if ever, usually I set up 1 or 2 day=B9s servic=
at some point in the near future:
-complete cleaning
-complete, glides up, action lubrication and regulation
-damper & pedal timing & regulation
-work the wire from the back to the front (lift, level, seat)
-hammer filing
-complete voicing
-add string cover, caster cups, hygro unit

Then sit back and enjoy the beauty I=B9ve enabled and catalyzed.

That=B9s why my average total on the first 2 visits of a new client is
$685.00.

So there you go.

Love to all at the holidays......

David Andersen