How often do you tune your piano?

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 18:00:39 -0500

Hi Dave,

I usually do a full tuning every few months. But I practise on my piano=20=

everyday and touch up any unison whenever I am bothered by it. I=20
usually touch up unisons everyday, depending on the weather (no=20
dampp-chaser installed or climate control), definitely over the summer=20=

with the large humidity fluctuations. If an octave bothers me while I'm=20=

playing I'll tune that also.

- John

> Hi all,
>
> A silly thread, perhaps, but I'm kind of curious about this.
>
> Do we all suffer from "the gardener's yard is full of weeds" syndrome?=20=

> =A0Honestly, how often do you tune your OWN piano? =A0Do you do it as=20=

> often as you recommend your clients do theirs?
>
> And what other work have you done on it in the last few "service=20
> calls?"
>
> Since I asked the questions, I'll give the first answers.
>
> I tune my piano whenever the killer octave starts sounding really=20
> nasty, usually ever 4 months or so(too much climate change in my=20
> place, and the player--me--hammers on it kinda hard). =A0
>
> Last "service call":
>
> Touched up the regulation.
>
> Did a light sanding of hammers.
>
> Teflonned knuckles.