endorsed by the Philadelphia Orchestra????

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 18:34:34 EST

List

I've tuned many a Lester in my short career.   Too many, I'd have to say.
Today, there I was, sitting once again at a Lester, banging on those waterfall
keys, attempting to make it sound like a piano when I looked up, and on the
underside of the lid was a decal which stated, "Endorsed by the Philadelphia
Symphony Orchestra".

Whaaa?

This is like the US Olympic Track and Field Team endorsing PAYLESS SHOES.

Or the Nobel Peace Prize Committee awarding Yassar Arafat the Nobel Peace
Prize.   (Oh...wait...that actually happened...heh, heh)

Anyway, how could this be true?   Was anyone around back then (this piano
dated to the 40s, I'd say)
who could tell me how this could happen?

I do have a theory, though.   Perhaps it's because you can refer to either
the Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra OR Lester pianos by the initials: PSO!

Tom Sivak
Chicago PTG Associate