endorsed by the Philadelphia Orchestra????

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 17:55:14 -0600

Tom,

I don't know the history, but I've seen that before.  Sort of makes a =
person smile while imagining a Lester spinet on stage, sitting in front =
of an orchestra with someone trying to bang out some big concerto. =20

How often have I discussed piano size/sound quality with customers and =
thrown in something like, "You know, there's a reason you don't see =
spinet pianos on the concert stage."   :-)

It would be interesting to know how that all came about.

Barbara Richmond

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tvak@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 5:34 PM
  Subject: endorsed by the Philadelphia Orchestra????

  List

  I've tuned many a Lester in my short career.  Too many, I'd have to =
say.  Today, there I was, sitting once again at a Lester, banging on =
those waterfall keys, attempting to make it sound like a piano when I =
looked up, and on the underside of the lid was a decal which stated, =
"Endorsed by the Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra".

  Whaaa?