endorsed by the Philadelphia Orchestra????

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 18:25:22 -0600

Lester did make grand pianos -- or should I say horizontal spinets.  I =
don't know how large they made, but I have a customer with one that's =
about 5'8".=20
=20
dave
=20
__________________________
David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University
Dallas, TX 75275
dporritt@mail.smu.edu

________________________________

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org on behalf of Tvak@aol.com
Sent: Fri 12/3/2004 5:34 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: endorsed by the Philadelphia Orchestra????

List

I've tuned many a Lester in my short career.  Too many, I'd have to say. =
 Today, there I was, sitting once again at a Lester, banging on those =
waterfall keys, attempting to make it sound like a piano when I looked =
up, and on the underside of the lid was a decal which stated, "Endorsed =
by the Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra".

Whaaa?

This is like the US Olympic Track and Field Team endorsing PAYLESS =
SHOES. =20

Or the Nobel Peace Prize Committee awarding Yassar Arafat the Nobel =
Peace Prize.  (Oh...wait...that actually happened...heh, heh)

Anyway, how could this be true?  Was anyone around back then (this piano =
dated to the 40s, I'd say)
who could tell me how this could happen? =20

I do have a theory, though.  Perhaps it's because you can refer to =
either the Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra OR Lester pianos by the =
initials: PSO!

Tom Sivak
Chicago PTG Associate=20

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...