endorsed by the Philadelphia Orchestra????

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos@earthlink.net
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 22:55:20 -0800

HI,MIchael! According to rumors out here,in la-la land,Lester pianos were endorsed by Philadelphia orchestra.It was placed in the back room and woodwind section players used to play cards on it.It served them well.It belongs to the category of "tuning the untunable". Have a nice weekend! Isaac

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Spalding
To: Pianotech
Sent: 12/3/04 8:46:11 PM
Subject: RE: endorsed by the Philadelphia Orchestra????

Tom,

Speaking of finding interesting reading material in a Lester:  Tuned one in a little church last week.  Ran a chromatic scale before I opened it up (and after hearing that, I still stayed to tune it) and some notes in octaves 5 and 6 felt a little bound up.  Sure enough, inside the action was their original factory warranty document, entitled "Golden Anniversary Guarantee Bond".  A fold-out panel on the side contains 10 individual coupons, each of which describes the guarantee for specific components.  For example, a coupon for keys, a coupon for strings, etc. etc. The most interesting one is the "tone stabilator" - any ideas what that might be?  I looked all over the piano inside and out, but somebody must have removed it before I got there :-)

Another interesting statement:

"The Lester Piano Mfg. Co., inc., is one of the largest and most progressive piano manufacturing companies in America today.  It has enjoyed coninuous and direct management by the family of the founder and its policies have never deviated from those which were established over sixty years ago.  Not only is the Lester considered one of the few really fine pianos now manufactured, but its sterling qualities of tone and durability have made it the favored instrument of many leading educational institutions.  The name "Lester" on your piano is absolute assurance of years of musical satisfaction."

Mike