Hole in Soundboard for Damp Chaser cord

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sun, 05 Dec 2004 16:06:18 -0600

>Because to most clients and many techs the sound board is the "holy grail"?
>Even if it doesn't vibrate in the corner.

I'd say mostly techs. Clients only "know" about soundboards what techs tell
them. About half of them seem to think the plate is the soundboard. Yea, I
know the attitude, I'm questioning the need for it.

>For that matter why not "out the
>side" of the piano--as long as we are getting "holy".

That's the furniture, which trumps EVERYTHING. But sure, why not?

>Personally all my installs now are "long cord" and go thru the top of the
>piano. I believe that Damppchaser is releasing units only with "long cords"
>now.

The top is what I generally do. Not because I save five minutes of work for
the installation price, but because it's out of sight, and I don't see much
point in putting a hole anywhere through the piano unless it is the best
approach under the circumstances.

Ron N