Plate Removal

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 19:48:48 -0500

What is your question? Are you concerned about supporting a plate from =
wooden rafters, or are you concerned about an engine crane in =
particular? I use a chain fall that is supported by four wooden ceiling =
rafters. Never had a concern with regard to the thing coming down. Is =
that what you mean? What kind of an engine crane are you using?

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Cromwell=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 7:15 PM
  Subject: Plate Removal

  =20

  Hello List,

  =20

  While I am familiar with using a hoist attached to steel rafters as =
one method of removing a plate from a grand piano, has anyone tried =
using an engine crane to achieve the same goal?  Is it feasible or am I =
crazy - or both?

  =20

  Gazing doubtfully at a poorly supported ancient wooden rafter,

  R.Cromwell

  Chpt 481