Plate Removal

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 17:40:24 -0800 (PST)

I pulled a concet grand plate with a BIG engine crane
and three ratchet straps at a refinisher's once.
Worked OK, but I'd use the "heavy duty" straps next
time for more peace of mind. And you might want to
pull the piano out from under the crane, rather than
the crane away from the piano. Or reinforce the beams
you have and add some posts.
     Chain hoist and 3 heavy-duty ratchet straps
( for leveling the plate incrementally ) is my
preferred method.