1865 Style 2 S&S

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 06:39:22 -0500

Is that to imply that a MAJOR remanufacture job differs significantly =
from a minor remanufacture job?

I believe folks are paying upwards of $15K (or more?) for a =
train-wrecked S&S D that would need a full remanufacture job. Why would =
this piano be so different, apparently based only on the amount of =
anticipated work it might need?

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe Garrett=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 2:30 AM
  Subject: Re: 1865 Style 2 S&S

  Phil asked: "I looked at a 1865 Style2(I believe) Steinway 7'2" =
Rosewood..#12051 for=20
  those keeping score..

  It's a wreck.

  What might it be worth as it sits now?

  Thanks.

  Phil ,=20
  I bid $100.00! <G> Seriously, I wouldn't pay more than $1k. That would =
be a MAJOR Remanufacture job!!
  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police
  Squares R I