Pulling Plates (speed?)

Robin Stevens pianoman@westnet.com.au
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:24:27 +1030 (Cen. Australia Daylight Time)

 I use one of these lifts for another application, and find that they are
fast!! (33 feet per minute)=0D
=0D
If you use it in it's present configuration it will lift that plate 6.6
inches PER second.=0D
=0D
Be ready for a fast exit of the plate from the piano.=0D
=0D
You can half the speed by using the return shackle.=0D
=0D
Robin Stevens=0D
 =0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: staff@smithpiano.com; Pianotech=0D
Date: 12/09/04 22:12:29=0D
To: 'Pianotech'=0D
Subject: RE: Pulling Plates=0D
 =0D
Hi All,=0D
How timely, I am building a beam/shelf today which will hold my hoist.=0D
Same one Tom Cole linked to:=0D
  http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3D4400=
6=0D
 =0D
Also, after seeing Christian Bolduc's cool plate puller clamp, (Pianotek=0D
Catalog, pg D-35 part #B-GP32) I dispensed with the strap system.=0D
Engine hoist with hand crank and straps does work of course. But, this=0D
system saves time and will help prevent plate 'dings' on the inner rim=0D
as it goes in and out several times.  Anything to simplify the process.=0D
 =0D
 =0D
Speaking of the inner rim...=0D
Does anyone have a reuseable system for protecting rim and stretcher=0D
during rebuilding?=0D
I envision pieces of leather & sturdy cardboard, in sections that will=0D
accommodate different piano rims.=0D
 =0D
 =0D
Best regards,=0D
 =0D
Brad Smith, RPT=0D
Smith Piano Services=0D
800-964-TUNE (8863) Toll Free=0D
603-625-4696 in New Hampshire=0D
483 Donald Street=0D
Bedford, NH 03110=0D
brad@smithpiano.com=0D
NEW!! 24/7 Online Appointment Scheduling=0D
www.smithpiano.com=0D
 =0D
 =0D
-----Original Message-----=0D