Pulling Plates (speed?)

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 09 Dec 2004 22:52:15 -0800

Robin,

As I posted on Tuesday, I slow the pull speed by using blocks (pulleys).
To verify the specs on my unit, I measured the single line speed of the
cable and clocked it at 9" per second. With pulley reduction, the speed
of lift is 2.25" per second.

It was a fast guess on my part when I was standing there in the store
looking at pulleys. Now I might want to use 6:1 reduction if I had my
druthers. But lacking that, I just give it short bursts at the critical
moments and it works fine.

Tom Cole