Rebushing centers/mystery center pinning

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 22:11:57 -0600

Robin,

Do you think if I did some tests on pieces of bushing cloth, I'd be able =
to tell anything?  I was thinking in particular about the 90/10 acetone/ =
CA mix and also trying out some with a bit of methyl alcohol mixed in, =
too.  Does anybody know if I'll blow up or pass out or anything?  (That =
last one is the important one, I'm not a chemist.)

I repinned some again yesterday, following very precise directions by =
folks who should know.   I was more aggressive in my burnishing and =
working the flanges and just generally pinning tighter, but by this =
morning, they had loosened some (I measured each step using my gram =
gauge).   The flanges went from too tight before working the flange, to =
the high end of being acceptable after working the flange. This morning =
they were at the low end of acceptable--which is OK as long as they stay =
there, but I have a funny feeling they won't stay there for long.  After =
this test of my pinning technique, I have come to the conclusion that =
perhaps I'm not totally incompetent after all----maybe just =
partially....   :-)  =20

Barbara Richmond

----- Original Message -----=20