The old extension shaft finally gives out--any leads on new one?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:39:28 EST

List,

I think it was old when my original mentor found it inside an old grand nigh
on 30 years ago.  It's a Hale hammer with a Rosewood handle.  I've been using
it off and on since then as my primary hammer.

The odd thing about it is that it has a hex extension.  This was not the
normal for Hale hammers, which have cylindrical shafts according to Don, the tech
at Schaff.  I've tried the extension in my Schaff hammer, it was too large.
So until my new hammer arrives--hopefully today--I'm using my reserve, which is
a mini extension hammer.  This is not the greatest for leverage, as it is
both short AND light.

Does anyone know where to find hex extensionsthat would fit a Hale handle?
I'd love to keep my old hammer functional if possible.  It's my buddy....:-(

Thanks in advance,

Dave Stahl