The old extension shaft finally gives out--any leads on new one?

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:04:53 -0700

Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 8:39 AM
  Subject: The old extension shaft finally gives out--any leads on new =
one?

  List,=20

  I think it was old when my original mentor found it inside an old =
grand nigh on 30 years ago.  It's a Hale hammer with a Rosewood handle.  =
I've been using it off and on since then as my primary hammer.=20

  The odd thing about it is that it has a hex extension.  This was not =
the normal for Hale hammers, which have cylindrical shafts according to =
Don, the tech at Schaff.  I've tried the extension in my Schaff hammer, =
it was too large.  So until my new hammer arrives--hopefully today--I'm =
using my reserve, which is a mini extension hammer.  This is not the =
greatest for leverage, as it is both short AND light.=20

  Does anyone know where to find hex extensionsthat would fit a Hale =
handle?  I'd love to keep my old hammer functional if possible.  It's my =
buddy....:-(=20

  Thanks in advance,=20

  Dave Stahl