Help with bad tuning

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:50:36 -0500

This thread is starting to get a little convoluted form its original
intent. Let's try to remember that for every situation we see out there,
there is at least 2 and most times more ways to do the same thing. With
pitch raising, I use 4 different methods, and the method I use depends
on how far flat the piano is. With some experience, we all find our
comfort zone with what the intent of the client is vs. what the piano
will be able to accept.

Let's keep in mind there are different strokes for different folks, and
I have never met another piano technician that tunes the same way as I
do..yet, we are all after the same result. We all have a guideline that
we've been either taught or feel comfortable with over time and
experience, and only experience will dictate what the comfort level is
for the intent.

I don't mean to get philosophical with all of you this morning..I just
feel we need to keep things in perspective, and I think we're starting
to lose that with this thread.

Phil Bondi(Fl)