bad tuning update

Doug Renz Piano Tuning pianotuner@frontiernet.net
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:34:08 -0500

Thanks for all your thoughts on this topic. It has been
very educational.  I am going back this Saturday to look
at the piano and evaluate it before I do anything to it
and talk to the customer.

Currently as a new tuner I am learning to tune aurally and
using Tune Lab 97 program in helping me go get the temprament
section down and then tune off that. I have been doing ok
with tuning unisons, (as long as there are no false beats)
and they sound good.  I do remember when I started tuning
about a year ago, tuning some piano's that were 1/2 off and=20
watching it go flat while I was tuning. how fun!! it was a 3-4 hour
tuning. but I have learned since.

I think there was one person who wanted to talk to me about
this so my phone# is 585-227-5793.  I am always looking for
improvements on how to not have this happen again.  I just
schedule a console Steinway to tune that has not been tuned
in a while so I told them it will need multiple tunings.  I will
update you as I go. I'll let you know how it goes on Saturday.

Thanks.
Doug Renz
Associate PTG, Rochester, NY