Customer Locations

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:50:54 -0500

I used to charge a bit more for work farther away. I also used to charge =
a bit more for old uprights and spinets (and any consoles that said =
"Grand" on it). I don't any more.

I simply group my service appointments in one general area together on =
the same day. I figure that if I need the work that far out, then I =
guess I need to drive that far. If I didn't need the work in a distant =
area, I would simply tell folks that I do not service that area. I just =
make sure to schedule several appointments for a distant locale on the =
same day. I will make a special trip anywhere for one appointment, but I =
will also charge my normal labor rate for travel time.

I live in the Tampa Bay area. Most of my service area is within a 25 =
mile radius. Once in a while I'll go a little further.

But I guess if you lived in rural Montana.......

Hope this helps. Happy to share ideas.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Doug Renz Piano Tuning=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 4:20 PM
  Subject: Customer Locations

  How far away from your home (or place of business)
  does one tune or service a piano? 25 miles, 50 miles, 100 miles?
  15 minutes, 30 minutes or 1 hour to travel to a customer.

  I am tuning piano's that are about 40 minutes away at this point
  which is not too bad, but could do more business if it was in the =
rural
  parts of where I live.=20

  If you do go a long way to service a piano, to you charge a fee for=20
  something like this?  Any thoughts?=20

  Thanks.

  Doug Renz
  Associate PTG=20