Followup on the bobbling hammers in Yamaha

Sspeev@aol.com Sspeev@aol.com
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 08:49:36 EST

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Not that there was anything near a consensus on the culprit of the
bobbling-hammer problem, but in general people seemed to feel like this relates either
to the damper assembly or to the jack springs.
  I can understand how an overly tight jack spring would make it difficult
and slow for the jack to trip out--getting in the way of the hammer but--but
what i don't get is how the dampers (springs or spoons) would figure in.  Can
somebody spell this out for me?  Thanks again.

Scott